Saturday, July 24, 2010

heat.



it is 101 degrees in Virginia today,I have stayed at home, it might be safer here.
Yesterday we toured the monuments in Washington, got roasted while walking, and spent the afternoon at...a cemetery?!

Arlington cemetery- where all the famous 'brave' (american, korean, vietnamese) soldiers have been buried. It was just a revelation of how much blood America has taken to get her to where she is, and still...empty lots in waiting for afghan troops.

What had gotten to me most, was this tomb, guarded 24/7/365. rain, hail, sun, snow, brimstone, tornado, these soldiers pace about ten feet, up and down, guarding this marble slab called- the tomb of the unknown soldier. It sure has heck has no significant meaning to me, in my un-american-ness, but i mean....not even Jesus' tomb is guarded that way...it was 99 degree sun yesterday and I still don't know if wars can be justified.

tomorrow we go to church here, gosh i miss home for that part. back to brooklyn soon. here lacks the rush and excitement of moments. the colours i wear are too bright for these parts. stands me out more than is necessary. bnv is over, and gives me less to think.over.

I dream a lot these nights. i guess too it takes time for the location of your dreams to catch up with you. they are all at home, in familiar places. with familiar people, in not-so-familiar situations, like only dreams can deliver you. there are some bridges left to be mended, time, only time, and some effort.

No comments: