Thursday, March 17, 2011

To: my body as a Temple.


Tonight makes me feel lazy, not too sure why either. I've been looking for Wole Soyinka's essay on 'The New African after the Cultural Encounter', as a matter of fact I'm not even sure of where to look. Looks like a heck of an interesting read as he addresses the process and bipolarity faced when the traditionalist moves into a fully western location and what that divide creates in one's mind. Essentially what all our Cambridge and Oxford-educated leaders of the post-independence era and present study abroad students like myself had/have to deal with. It would be wonderful to see how he makes sense of that schizophrenia.

Tomorrow and Friday are expected to have sunny 60-degree (16 deg. Celsius and beyond) weather. Who would have ever thought that I would find myself rejoicing at 60-degree weather. This makes me excited.

I've been given two major roles in the Vagina Monolouges as of this week. The one part that everyone tires to get. I pray that I can pull it off. I mean...one doesn't really associate prayer with vaginas though right? But God made me Woman. He created my body this way, and the way I offer myself and my abilities back to Him is always a way of prayer. He made my sexuality. He formed my consciousness in the defense of those who can't defend themselves, Women included. So it works. I think this will be my bautismo performance. Knee-high high-heel boots et al.

No comments: