Sunday, December 26, 2010

To: Americans and their "happy holidays" crap....what de jazz dat mean?!

My nails were done in royal blue last night. I put up a Last Supper metal picture in the dining room, it got smudged on five fingers, I spent over an hour washing wares after this morning's breakfast, not one finger survived the water. Nail polish lasted longer when I was home, and Ryan's mother was right. Women who always wear nail polish might be the lazy ones.

I never took those pictures I changed my camera battery for. The only person who called today was my Uncle who doesn't even celebrate Christmas. The only people who texted were people who I texted first, who actually were people I wanted to surprise without having expectation of them. They are the people who I have appreciated this year, but still not-so-immediate friends. Three friends sent greetings on my fb wall, one my lil sister, another a young man who is deji's cousin and loves Trinidad and Jamaica, and one listed as my 'brother' in the family tab with a copy n paste text picture. Anika, Rihanna and their mom made me smile. Such beautiful souls/humans/women. See below.

This place became the vacuum I thought it would. The people I have laughed and talked with here are sooo pretensive. Something I call the 'leak and leave' effect. They get what they want out of you, and move swiftly along. Oh, I'm drifting back into the idea of the lack of reciprocity in my earlier note. I really need to get a term for that phenomenon.

Breakfast went well this morning. It was a balanced mix of youth and experience. I appreciated that there were no deadbeat people at the table, and that everyone was able to contribute to discussions over life politics and things. Everyone and their convictions over a wonderful Trinidadian breakfast prepared by my roommate.

Ryan has been with me today, he made every effort to be around whenever I needed him to be. I might think that his day was even more rough than mine. My parents made the extra effort to hold up after my mom broke down on the phone this morning. I don't feel like talking about this again.

Tomorrow is snow. 10-16 inches of it. My father said he wished he could beam me home like they used to on star-trek.

No comments: