Friday, December 24, 2010

To: The thoughts that keep me up this early.

Gamma told me once that it was always better to love someone who successively fails to make things happen according to plan, than to have someone who labours on pretense and who cannot love me the right anyway. My walk has been blessed and I have my life to show for it all.

My mother asked me tonight to remember that they love me, adrift to the snoring of my knocked-out-in-four-minutes father. I wish I could help her with the cleaning this year. I never thought I would be saying that, but you learn things when you don't have them. I thought to myself today while driving down a screw in the wall to hold up a clock that I have come a long way from earlier laziness. I have also come away from the thought of an elaborate house. I mean, does dust really serve a purpose?

I have had up to my neck in lessons of reciprocity. The Trinidadian kind. Coelho would never believe how much his "favour-bank" theory does not apply to people here. My family and I have gone out of our way a number of times for some of our friends and family who live out here in the U.S. and have never had the courtesies returned. I guess expectation is not much of a Christian concept either. Nobody owes me anything, I should remember that more often.

1 comment:

Lisa McS said...

I don't beleive in the "Trinidad" kind of reciprocity. Do things because you want to.......doh look back.......it WILL come back to you though...but not in the form and from the source you expect.

Kinda like the Vengence of Moko.....

Take Care!!!!!!!