Wednesday, February 2, 2011

To: one month into the year already.

I haven't blogged in a while, just about getting into the scholarly zone again, I am not having the snow storms though. I never got around to buying dem weather boots I said I would. I'm doing two less credits this semester than I did in the last one, and I'm not happy about it. It only lengthens my time here. I have the choice of 1) using the 2credit-less free-time to make the necessary links with the Trinidadian or even Caribbean context of theatre and work on developing my research in that area, so that I don't depend entirely upon an American syllabus to school me or I can do the ridiculous thing of taking 16 credits this semester in addition to my job. Sounds a bit much though. I need to pray on that.

I've found myself more at peace these days with God, with my relationships, with myself. I've been focusing on the ideas of 'covenant' and love as long-suffering. God keeps his promises...every single time. The covenant he has entrusted to both ryan and I, works alongside the faith that he furnishes us with, every waking morning. Love doesn't believe in impossibility.

I'm working on a few pieces at the same time. have some ideas turning over in my head. I've committed to reading more this semester, and to really get my mind clicking. I feel like my days are long, and maybe it's because it's only week one and I have many more things that will kick off in a few weeks. I am ready to work, and I am ready to build.

No comments: