Monday, September 13, 2010

Falsetto. The Air.

The chill in the air, decides to show itself to me. It is drizzling tonight, thunder and lightening from a floating heaviness up there. He asked that I wake him up about fifteen minutes ago so he could get back to work. He works so hard and gets so tired sometimes, it feels like a greater sin to disturb that rest. So I will do that after I post this entry. I know no man more diligent, and I see all the time where dedication takes him. He loves just as hard as he labours. They might both essentially be the same thing.

There is a bothersome thing about the people of this country that has been taking my mind over in the past few days, ever since that show in the city last Friday. The way people look you in the eye and blatantly ignore all memory of previous interaction. The way people here pretend as though they've never seen you all their life, when you've worked alongside them, did a scene together with them in class a few hours ago, spoke to them, have them listed as a 'friend' on fb, competed against them. No recollection. I would like to call it a 'falsetto' even though the real meaning of the word has nothing to do with relations. Americans are a strange species.

I would want to read and think and write. but there is work to be prepared for classes, and those tend to have priority over most else. I am in another place and still fed up of the anti-female-secret-campaign back at home with respect to female performers. The "we don't promote tokenism" (end quote.) b.s. and the hypocritical advances of the same men who use their craft to 'promote' women. I hate to always have to think in gender terms, but I do it out of necessity. Just when you thought things have changed. They take it to the next level.

Tired. Goodnight.

No comments: