Saturday, May 19, 2007

Untitled


Finding my basis between the trappings of a rock and a hard place,
Straining to smile with a semi-contorted face,
After having to endure living in a space
Like this
When it’s as if
The blindness of those around me
Already didn’t fit
The description of sound righteousness,
The sympathy invoked by their short-sightedness
Leaves me exhausted almost daily
But maybe
(and I say maybe)
One day they would see it
And not only see it
But one day believe it,
Cause though we’ve been hit-
Hard
By this spell of ignorance
I plead one day that they would get a chance
To come to realization.
Cause real eyes are occasioned
With blessed opportunity,
One day they will see the value of Black unity
And one day we will restore our Black community
One day
Some day
Some time to be.



Uhuru daima.

No comments: